Thursday, September 07, 2006

still here

Hmmm, I drop my news and then disappear for a bit! Sorry about that!

Thanks for all the well-wishes! I know some of you had a hard time leaving a comment -- this change to blogger beta clearly has some bugs! I have had a hard time logging in, and commenting as well :( Hopefully it'll be fixed soon! My email link is always on the far right, near the top, if you want to send me a message. (Suzanne - can you read more than the top 1/2 of the screen now? I'm still not sure why it was doing that?)

I had planned to wait to tell others about the pregnancy, but I told my parents last weekend and they were thrilled. I also told my sister and was able to catch my brother online to tell him (vs. sending him an email - this way we got to converse.) They are all happy.

We also told the boys. They are very excited and keep talking about "our baby" non-stop. C imediately told me to stop eating sugar because we had to keep that baby healthy. He was also concerned that we pray more for this baby so that God doesn't decide to take it away to heaven before it's born. B & I have tried to talk to him and tell him that I didn't miscarry the last baby because we didn't pray enough - but in his 5.5 year old mind - he can't be convinced. N is a little more matter-of-fact; he declared "Well, if this baby doesn't live, then POOF, it'll be an angel like the last one. It just happens sometimes!"

Yea, I think I would have cried even if I wasn't pumped full of pregnancy hormones!

That's it, though. I have a doctor's appointment in late September, and then there'll be an ultrasound to determine dates. Once I know how far along I am, I'll know when to announce to other people. I think I'll wait until the 2nd trimester to do a "family & friends" announcement.

Homeschooling is going slow this week. I feel puke-y, the house isn't neat, and I haven't done the prep work for some of the projects I wanted to accomplish. I planned on today being a big catch-up day, but it's 11:30 and I still haven't done any prep work. SO, here's to making the push to get some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design