Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Recycled Toothbrushes? Yep!

I buy new toothbrushes all the time! I think dentists recommend replacing toothbrushes every 3 months, and I follow that schedule. I really don't like using a toothbrush when the bristles start to bend and fray, and my boys seem to mangle theirs even more quickly than I do. Did you know that in the U.S. about 1 billion toothbrushes are thrown away each year?

When Mom Central and Preserve asked if I would like to try out a new toothbrush, I jumped at the chance. I was even more excited when I learned that they were made of recycled Stonyfield yogurt cups AND when I was finished with them, I could send them back (free postage!) and they'd be recycled again into decking material. What a great idea!

I worried about the cost of such a brush, but was pleased to find out that they retail for $2.04 at Target! If you click here, you can print out a coupon for $1/off the purchase of 2.

The toothbrush is comfortable to hold, and does a nice job cleaning my teeth. The bristles aren't too soft, and aren't too hard. The toothbrush did the job it was made to do!

For more information about Preserve and their products, check out their website and watch this video. I know I'll buy more of these toothbrushes, and also keep an eye out for more of their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design